We collect information on you
- When you register either by submitting a form or completing a job application
- If you choose to comment or interact with our articles
- If you enter a promotion on our site or social networks
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- If you request an affiliates services
When applying for a job we will often require personal information about you (including your name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number), along with details of the vacancy you’re applying for.
Non-personally Identifiable Information
We may also collect non-personally identifiable information about your visit to our website based on your browsing activities. This information may include the pages you visit and jobs viewed or applied for. This information helps us to manage and develop our site to ensure we’re able to deliver the best possible online service that’s tailored to your individual interests and needs
How we use your information
We use the information collected about you in the following ways:
- To provide a personalised service unique to individual users
- To help us monitor and improve the services we offer
- To process applications
- If we have permission to do so, market our services
- To provide you with information about future job vacancies
- To carry out market research and marketing analysis
- To verify identity when required
- To notify you of changes to our service
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
In addition, we use the information you provide to us :
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties (our Affiliates) to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected Affiliates to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form);
We do our very best to protect your privacy and ensure we use your data sensitively. We may need to email you occasionally with information or questions about your registration or your application.
Disclosure of your information
We may transfer, sell or assign any of the information described in the policy to third parties that could be as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer of assets or reorganisation of our business. We may disclose your personal information to a member of our group. We will disclose information to a third party:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If Networker Global or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets or
We may also share your information with selected third parties including :
- Affiliates, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
Access to information
You have the right to access information held about you at any time. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Networker Global is registered in England and Wales under registration number 10888914.